Jessica Genick is a Tony Award-winning Broadway producer and admired theater educator. She followed in the steps of her father, the legendary producer Jerry Frankel, and has made him proud with her hit shows like Come From Away, Fiddler on the Roof (2015), The Bridges of Madison County, All the Way, Grace, Lady Day, Disgraced, Wolf Hall, Sylvia, and more! Her goal as a producer and educator is to provide absorbing, relevant, and thought-provoking classes and workshops that offer audiences the opportunity to learn about the history and development of their favorite productions. It is more important than ever to cultivate experiences that inspire theater lovers to continue to engage with Broadway. Check out her fantastic panel options below and book the session that piques your interest by placing its name in the final section of the booking form!
- The Business of Broadway When Will The Show Go On? Get insider industry insights into this unique business model and keep up to date on all the news related to the re-opening of Broadway
The Making of Come From Away Learn all about the development of the hit Broadway musical and its thrilling journey to Broadway. Jessica Genick shares exclusive backstage stories that will enhance and enrich your next theater-going experience. Did you know that “Come From Away” had four previous productions—and one concert—prior to its arrival on Broadway? The story of how “Come From Away” was created is worthy of its own Broadway musical!
- For The Love of Art- Non-Profit Theater Explore the differences between commercial and nonprofit theater and the business career tracks unique to nonprofit theater
- Behind-The-Scenes – Backstage and Off-Stage Careers in the Theater Learn about the many backstage and off stage careers that are integral to creating live theater
- Entrepreneurship In The Arts New opportunities to create meaningful and exciting careers in the arts are evolving every day… You will learn how podcasts, theater start-ups and innovative producing platforms are changing the way theater is being consumed by audiences all over the world.
- The Golden Age of Musicals Discover the classics that set the stage for today’s hits