You may have heard that Broadway is taking a brief “intermission,” if you will, due to the coronavirus. In the wise words of King George from Hamilton, “You’ll be back.”
Questioning how you’ll get your “Broadway fix” during Broadway’s hiatus? Don’t worry, we’ve got you! Below please find some exciting ways that you can still engage with the shows you know and love! As always, contact us if you have any questions — your Broadway Experts at Broadway Plus are here to help!
Who better to learn from than an experienced Broadway performer!? Prep for an audition or work on your craft with Broadway stars from hit shows like Hadestown, Mean Girls, Aladdin, and more – all from the comfort of your own home. Book your lesson today, and be on stage tomorrow! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book now!
We will arrange for an actor to record a special video for your loved one! Example messages include singing Happy Birthday (who wouldn’t want a Broadway actor singing to them?!), “can’t wait to see you at the show soon,” or really anything that you’d like! Book this unique gift now by emailing email@example.com.
“Broadway is calling!” This is your chance to have a private, one-on-one conversation with a Broadway Star. Hear how they made it on Broadway, what their favorite shows are, get audition tips and career advice, and more! It’s the perfect opportunity for those who cannot travel to Broadway. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book now!
BroadwayHD is Broadway’s version of Netflix! Although there’s nothing like watching a live performance, this is a very good alternative that allows you to enjoy some amazing, filmed performances! Titles include former Broadway Plus offerings such as Kinky Boots and Puffs, classic musicals such as The King and I, plays such as Present Laughter, and more. They even have Cirque du Soleil shows and documentaries! There’s truly something for everyone. They have a free 7-day trial. Subscriptions are $8.99/month or $99.99/year.
5. Cast Albums
This free daily newsletter compiles top Broadway headlines for the day! We read it every day here in the office. It’s definitely geared towards folks working in the Broadway industry, but if you are really interested in the “Business of Show Business,” then this is a fantastic resource! Now is especially an exciting time to read it, due to all of the news pertaining to the virus.
This is a really cool option, courtesy of Google! You can tour cultural institutions, view exhibitions, and more all from the comfort of your home!
Here are some of our favorite listings:
- Tony Awards®: The First Years (1947-1966)
- Excited for the Tony Awards?! Learn more about its beginnings here.
- Memories of a Jet and a Shark
- Of course, we had to include this, since there is a new revival of West Side Story! Our team at Broadway Plus saw it, and LOVED it! Make sure it’s on your list for this spring/summer!
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- One of the most iconic landmarks in New York City! They have a lot of content on Google Arts & Culture, so be sure to look around! There’s also an amazing feature where you can view the inside of the building. Check it out now!
- Christian Dior: Ball Gowns Exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
8. Livestream Concerts
Plenty of actors are taking to the internet to perform! Below please find some ways to watch your favorite stars online, and support amazing causes while doing so.
- Living Room Concerts
- Stars in The House
- SiriusXM Broadway host Seth Rudetsky and his husband, James Wesley, have created a daily online mini-show, called “Stars In The House”! They will feature different stars every day for a special concert and conversation, and help promote the work of The Actors Fund!
- Return of The Rosie O’Donnell Show
Do you have any other ideas on how to engage with Broadway for the next month? If so, make sure to comment below!
Additionally, we look forward to welcoming you to Broadway soon! Email us at email@example.com to book VIP experiences for the spring/summer!
See you soon,
Nathaniel & Ally